Enjoy our Audio and Smartphone Guide at home or while viewing the art in the museum.
Teachers: Below you will find additional resources connecting your classroom to the current exhibitions, The World through His Lens: Steve McCurry Photographs and Mythology in Contemporary Art.
Select the following links to access background materials and classroom resources available for the school tour, Worlds Apart and Together: The National Geographic Photographs of Steve McCurry.
- View a selection of images from the Steve McCurry Photographs exhibition.
- McCurry School Tour Glossary PDF
- Profiles of Countries referenced in the exhibition: The World through His Lens, Steve McCurry Photographs
Background materials and classroom resources available for the mythology school tour, Myths and Mysteries at MWPAI:
The following is a list of summarized myths and folk tales that we suggest students read prior to their museum visit to encourage student participation. The tour objects and myths covered will vary from year to year and teachers will be notified of the currents year’s content on their tour confirmation.
- Arachne and Athena: Weaving competition
- Ceres and Proserpine
- Daedalus and Icarus
- Odysseus and the Cyclops
- Oedipus and the riddle of the Sphinx
- Orpheus and Eurydice
- Story Cards Flood Myths
- The Judgment of Paris
- Ulysses and the Sirens from Homer’s Odyssey
All Grade Levels
Learning Objective: Students will be introduced to the evolution of fashion, inventions, scientific breakthroughs and political events forming the attitudes of mid 19th century to the early 20th century.
Download each PDF or select each image to enlarge.