Call for Applicants for 2018 Art in Bloom Fine Art and Floral Exhibition
All applications are due by
the end of the day Thursday, March 1.
Exhibition on view May 18 though 20.
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute Museum of Art is now accepting applications from professional florists and designers to create stunning floral arrangements for Art in Bloom. A limited number of spaces are available. Participating floral designers will be able to choose an inspirational artwork from a list provided by the Museum and accessible through the internet and viewing in the galleries.
Eight ribbons and plaques will be awarded; one in each category by a panel of judges, as well as one in each category by the peoples’ choice. The categories are: Best in Show, Best Creative Design, Best Traditional Design, and Honorable Mention. The judges and visitors will select their favorite for each of the four categories.
Participation will benefit your business!
- All Art in Bloom attendees will view your business name and creation.
- Participants will be listed in MWPAI members’ Bulletin, mailed to over 4,000 households and businesses across the Mohawk Valley, and splashed across MWPAI social media outlets, including images.
- Participating designers are invited to a special preview reception Thursday, May 17.
- Photographs of award-winning creations will be featured in the members’ Bulletin.
- Award winners will receive a Corporate Contributor membership with exclusive benefits for two representatives. Benefits include: free admission to all Museum exhibitions, including special exhibitions; invitations to special events; and discounts at the Museum Shop and Performing Arts and Film series tickets, Museum Education programs and School of Art classes (a $150 value).
- Award winners also receive a commemorative plaque honoring their award-winning status. Winning entries will be identified with a sticker, ribbon or label during the event.
- Materials used in your floral design may be considered tax deductible.
- Your participation supports the arts at MWPAI!
HOW TO APPLY
Complete application and return with three photographs representative of your floral design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to two designers from a single business may apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY THURSDAY, MARCH 1
Applicants will be selected based on their experience and sample design photos.
Please contact Barb Kane at email@example.com or 315-797-0000 ext. 2158 if you have any questions.